Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Consultant (m/f) Private Sector Development / SME, Germany
Consultant (m/f) Private Sector Development / SME
Governance and Economic Development
Vacant in-house position
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Name of project:
In-house position (GOPA Headquarters)
We are looking for a
Consultant (m/f) with focus on private sector development/SME
to start as soon as possible in our Governance and Economic Development department in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
As Consultant you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects and for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of on-going projects, especially in the field of private sector development/SME. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for fact finding and backstopping missions as well as for short-term expert assignments.
- Early development of project acquisition strategies
- Management and coordination of the acquisition process, including preparation of Expressions of Interest and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee negotiations, identification of consortium partners, support to the preparation of financial proposals
- Organisation and lead of fact-finding missions to the recipient countries
- Technical and financial management (backstopping) of on-going projects, including coordination and monitoring of the project activities on site, monitoring of the project progress, ensuring the compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervision and management of project staff and resources, preparation/finalisation of project reports
- Organisation and lead of backstopping missions and short-term assignments abroad
- Continuous consultation with clients, project partners and consortium partners
- Active contribution to the acquisition strategy of the Governance and Economic Development Department and the further development of the department’s portfolio
- Relevant academic degree (Master), preferably in the field of economics
- Business fluent in English and Spanish/French; German language skills are an asset
- Strong writing, communication, networking and team-working skills, flexibility and conflict management experience, business oriented
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- Required: at least 3 years’ experience in private sector development and/or the field of SME
- Required: proven experience in the conception/drafting/acquisition, and especially in the preparation of bids for calls for tenders, and implementation of donor-funded projects
Asset: proven experience in the consulting business as project manager for projects funded by bilateral and multilateral donors, as well as knowledge of the competition in the development cooperation related consultancy market are considered as strong assets
- Required: relevant experience in business development (as consultant or as manager) and budget/financial management of projects or organisations
- Asset: work experience abroad in developing countries is considered as a strong asset
- Asset: experience (at least over 2 years) of donor procedures and requirements, esp. EU and GIZ, is considered as a strong asset
Young professionals who were obviously involved in bid management and/ or project coordination as an assistant are also eligible.
- The opportunity to focus on your field of expertise (private sector development/SME)
- The possibility to actively contribute to the future success of the department and extend its regional portfolio
- Short communication and decision making processes and a living “open doors” culture across all company levels
- Continous investment in your development