Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Junior Consultant (m/f), Germany
Junior Consultant (m/f)
Vacant in-house position
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Name of project:
Assistant to the IPA team
Our Statistics Department provides technical assistance across the entire range of statistical processes and domains. We help to strengthen institutions through the building up of their statistical as well as management capacity, we assist in developing and implementing methodological and functional standards in official statistics, we design, facilitate and implement statistical and managerial training programmes and strategies and support the dialogue between the users and producers of statistics.
The Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) programmes
IPA exists to help partner countries face the challenges of European integration and implement reforms to satisfy EU requirements. GOPA Consultants is currently implementing the IPA 2015 Multi-partner statistical cooperation programme that covers the following partner countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. The overall objective of the project is to prepare the statistical authorities in the partner countries for future EU membership by aligning their present methodologies and practice with the statistical acquis and integrating them into the European Statistical System.
Currently, we are searching for a Junior Consultant (m/f) to support our Statistics Department in implementing the IPA regional programme.
Place of work is our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt), Germany.
Your tasks in detail are:
- To assist the senior consultants/contract managers in carrying out the activities required to implement the project
- To provide administrative management support of the contract (organisation of expert missions, study visits, workshops, etc.)
- To maintain permanent contact with project counterparts (mainly experts and partner countries)
- To monitor activities and to provide logistical support
- Academic degree (Master) in economics, social sciences or related fields
- Strong communication, networking and team-working skills
- Fluent business English language skills and at least basic German language skills
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- Initial professional experience in the field of international/technical cooperation and/or project management (for example in the course of internships) is considered as an asset
- Theoretical knowledge and/or practical experience in the field of statistics are considered as an asset
Contract details: fixed-term contract (2 years)
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your application (cover letter, CV, references/certificates) to