Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Census expert, Kuwait
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Name of project:
Statistical Consultancy Services for the State of Kuwait
The responsibilities and duties are:
Develop best practices in register-based census in Kuwait, including
- Assess the needs and requirements for conducting the 2020 register-based census in the State of Kuwait.
- Evaluate the existing registers/administrative records in Kuwait that could be used in conducting the register-based census.
- Review and recommend the minimal list of variables needed in the register-based census.
- Prepare a work plan and timetable for conducting the 2020 register-based census.
- Coordinate with the relevant parties and data providers in the CSB and the government ministries and agencies of Kuwait, in relation to data harmonization.
- Work closely with other departments involved in the register-based census.
- Conduct any demographic work required by the CSB in support of the register-based census project.
Capacity building and development of the statistical work conducted in the census directorate in the Central Statistical Bureau, including
- Recommend best practices in register-based census.
- Evaluate the statistical work conducted in the census directorate and offering training sessions and on-job training to enhance it.
- Prepare document and instill concepts and new methodologies according to best practices for designing and conducting register-based census.
- Train national cadres on conducting register-based census.
- Train national cadres on producing demographic and social statistics.
- Education: Master degree, Ph.D. preferable in Statistics or related field.
- Experience: at least 15 years’ experience in the field of official statistics, including experience in a statistical office.
- Have relevant experience in the preparation and implementation of register censuses
- Language requirements: Arabic and English
- Lead teams effectively and show conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently approaches work with a constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Remains calm and in control even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness and ability to deal with change.
Mission start date:
Mission end date:
March 2019 or later
Project start date:
Project end date:
March 2019, may be extended
At least 12 months