Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Key expert 1: Team Leader, China
Key expert 1: Team Leader
Governance and Economic Development
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Name of project:
EU–China partnership facility (ECPF)
The overall objective of the EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF) is to advance EU-China relations in key priority areas. The facility is expected to contribute to the strengthening and enlargement of EU-China relations in line with the strategic framework represented by the EU Global Strategy, the EU Strategy on China, and the EU-China 2020 Strategic Agenda for Cooperation, as well as other relevant bilateral agreements.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- Help develop EU-China bilateral dialogues in specific priority areas of EU and mutual interest.
- Support implementation of the EU Strategy on China and Bilateral Agreements.
The Key expert 1 will be the primary contact for the Contracting Authority. She/he will act as Team Leader (TL) and is expected to provide, in a coordinated manner, leadership to the Project Team (PT), taking responsibility for the coordinated and efficient implementation of the various components of the project as well as coordinating and managing the work of other experts. Furthermore, she/he shall ensure coordination with the Contracting Authority and other stakeholders of the project. The key senior expert will work closely with target groups, under the authority of the Delegation and SG. The TL shall also perform advisory functions in two areas: the monitoring of various sector dialogues supported by the action, and the planning, monitoring, implementation and evaluation of project activities itself. In order to ensure successful implementation of the project, close relationship will need to be established between the TL, the EUD China and other relevant European or Chinese authorities. The main tasks assigned to the team leader are (not exhaustive list):
- Overall responsibility for the management of the project with the support of the Key expert 2;
- Monitor the implementation of the various activities;
- Maintain close cooperation with various Chinese and European actors involved in the various activities;
- Strategic planning and programming;
- Preparation of project related meetings.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree at master's level (or equivalent) in a subject or discipline relevant to this assignment such as social science, economy, political science, China studies, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy;
- Proficiency in English and Chinese.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of post-graduate full-time relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in project management, leading teams in the public or private sector or in public-funded projects of similar size and duration.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 10 years, but a minimum 5 years full-time proven post-graduate experience in project management in China or the EU.
In addition to the minimum requirements described above, the following assets apply. The assets will not form a basis for the rejection of an offer but will be used to further assess the strengths of a key expert that meets the minimum requirements:
- A very good knowledge of EU and /or EU Member States' cooperation with China.
- Knowledge of EU procedures, in particular related to service contracts.
The Team Leader is expected to work full-time on this project and to take up residence in Beijing (China) for the duration of the project. A total of 660 working days for the Team Leader are foreseen in this contract.