Join our team
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been implementing projects successfully on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Have we sparked your interest for more? If so, we look forward to receiving your application by email, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations.
For all other jobs (in-house positions and positions for experts), please use the filtering function below and apply to the email addresses mentioned in each job offer.
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Key expert: Long Term Consultant (Team Leader) , Seychelles
Key expert: Long Term Consultant (Team Leader)
Governance and Economic Development
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Name of project:
Long-term technical assistance to support the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) implementation in Seychelles
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Masters' degree in Development Economics with a specialisation and/or a strong focus on international trade, or similar discipline of relevance to the assignment. In the absence of a master's degree, professional experience of at least 15 years in the sector(s) directly related to trade development domains related to this assignment
General professional experience
- At least 10 years' professional experience in the field of international trade or equivalent domains
- Proven experience as Team Leader in at least 2 EU-funded projects
Specific professional experience
- At least 8 years working experience in trade development and/or trade promotion and/or trade facilitation
- Proven experience in the negotiation and/or implementation of trade and/or regional integration agreements
- Proven experience in dealing with trade issues in ACP countries
- Proven experience in delivering training
- Proven experience in coordination, monitoring and evaluation of trade-related projects
- A good understanding of EU development assistance
- Proven experience in reporting
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills
- Ability to take initiatives and to work in a fast track and in a new cultural environment
- Strong computer skills
- Fluent written and oral communication in English
The estimated minimum number of working days for the Long term expert (Team Leader) is 860 days, ie for the entire duration of the assignment. The expert will be based in Seychelles for the entire part of the assignment.
If you are interested, please send your updated CV in English and in the current EU template (attached) to Mr. Jesse Mutua.
Project start date: