Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or do you like to apply for registration on our expert data base? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities click here.
Team Leader, Bangladesh
Rural Development and Environment
Monday, November 13, 2017
Name of project:
Local Economic Development (LED) at District Level (SDC)
Project Background: Through an open tender procedure, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) will select one bidding organisation to implement the first phase (inception) of the Local Economic Development project (7F-09523, thereafter referred to as LED Project) in Bangladesh. GOPA Consultants will participate in this tender and is setting up the respective project team. For this purpose GOPA Consultants is hiring a team leader.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Overall project management
- Recruit other team members
- Identify and sub-contract international short-term LED expert(s)
- Coordinate with Project Director and national anchor
- Network with national partners, policy advocacy and awareness raising on LED
- Work with SDC to mobilise and work with other international partners
- Coordinate with and report to SDC and Steering Committee
- Plan the main implementation phase and develop relevant planning documents (ProDoc, budget, logframe, etc.)
- Participate in key LED events at national and local level
- Co-decide on selection criteria and budget allocation for seed-financing selected local LED activities
- Co-decide on additional studies to be commissioned
- Relevant academic degree, preferably in business or economics.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience, incl. project management and leadership positions in the international context, preferably in Asia/Bangladesh.
- Profound technical expertise and work experience in local and regional economic development, good governance, value chain development, market system development, business services, SME promotion, business and investment climate and related fields.
- Committed to achieving results in a short time frame and under time pressure
- Sensitivity to political issues; knowledge of political and governance structures in Bangladesh would be an asset
- Highly communicative and transparent; good writing skills
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of Bengal would be an asset
Please find the EU-CV-Template for download below.
Mission start date:
Mission end date:
Project start date:
Project end date: