Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Team Leader, Colombia
Governance and Economic Development
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Name of project:
Participation of internally displaced persons and host communities in the economic development after the peace agreement in Meta and Caquetá in Colombia
Overall responsibility for the consulting packages
- Ensuring coherence and complementarity of the Contractor's services with other benefits of the programme at local and national level
- Conception, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of measures of the Capacity development of local partners in the following areas: strategy, cooperation, learning and innovation
- Consideration of cross-cutting issues (e.g. equal rights for the Gender),
- Personnel management, including identification of the need for short-term assignments within the available budget as well as planning and controlling of operations and support of local and international short-term specialists
- Ensuring impact monitoring
- regular and timely reporting
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in Agreement with the person responsible for the order (programme director) of GIZ
- Participation and active cooperation in team and relevant professional meetings in Colombia, in coordination with the programme director
- Organisation of technical exchange with other measures of German Technical Cooperation and Financial Cooperation in Colombia, preferably in Caquetá and Meta
- Cooperation and coordination with other organisations, as well as advice on cooperation with the scientific community and the private sector, in particular for initiation of development partnerships with industry (PPP)
- Support for the programme director in updating and/or adapting the conceptual design of the project, evaluation and preparation of an subsequent phase
- Ensure contact with other donors.
- Nationality: Colombian
- Education: University degree (Diplom/Master) in project management, economics, agricultural economics, social sciences or comparable course
- Language: Business fluency in Spanish
- General work experience: 10 years of work experience in the economic development sector at local and regional level
- Specific work experience: 10 years experience working with internally displaced persons and vulnerable populations
- Leadership experience/management: 5 years of leadership experience in team management in projects or in companies
- Regional experience: 10 years experience in projects in Latin America, of which 5 years in projects in Colombia
- DC experience: 5 years of experience in DC projects
- Other: Proven training in Capacity WORKS (can also be done at a later stage), experience in financial management
The project aims at improving income and employment of internally displaced persons and the population of host communities in Meta and Caquetá.