Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Team Leader, Jordan
Governance and Economic Development
Monday, March 18, 2019
Name of project:
Innovation for Enterprise Growth and Jobs
Applicants should be able have an inspiring discussion on the topic, having read the action document (https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/sites/near/files/c_2018_8530_jordan_aap_2018_part_2_merged_document.pdf )
The Team Leader will work in Amman to:
- Enhance the potential of innovative Jordanian enterprises with high growth potential to scale up and contribute to the economic growth that will generate direct and indirect jobs;
- Increase access of SMEs, entrepreneurs and innovators, in specific high-growth potential sectors and clusters, to innovation inputs (technology transfer, knowledge, learning) and financing;
- Promote and strengthen the culture of innovation & entrepreneurship in the Jordanian ecosystem.
An additional component of work may involve grant management according to EU procedures.
- Level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least 3 years preferably in the field of business, economy and/or management and similar
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the field of promoting a business friendly environment through micro and meso level interventions
- At least 4, preferably 6 years of professional experience in the field of establishment and/or operation of innovation hubs, technoparks or similar innovation ecosystems
- Professional experience as a Team Leader on at least one TA project in the fields related to the subject of this contract
- Experience of at least 2 years in modern approaches to innovation ecosystem development including related policymaking
Mission start date:
Mission end date:
Project start date:
Project end date: