Join our team
GOPA's development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in one of the current job opportunities accessible from this page? Or would you like to apply for registration on our expert database? Please contact us!
For more information on job opportunities, click here.
Team Leader, South Africa
Governance and Economic Development
Friday, March 23, 2018
Name of project:
Technical Assistance for the Public Financial Management Capacity Development Programme for Improved Service Delivery
The overall objective of this action is to increase access to socio-economic rights and services for all. Thespecific objective is to improve public finance management and participatory decisionmaking within all 3spheres of government – national, provincial and local – with a particular focus on the local government leveland increase the capacity of municipalities to better deliver public services.
Key expert 1: Team leader PFM and capacity development
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Public Finance, Public policy, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant fields;
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English.
- At least 10 years of professional experience implementing PFM reforms at both the national and sub-national levels of government.
- At least 1 assignment as Team Leader in an EU-funded PFM project;
- At least 10 years of experience in projects with a focus on at least one of the following topics: Professionalization of Financial Accounting, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Asset Management, Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Management Accounting, Revenue Management, Expenditure Management and Internal Control;
- Experience in designing and implementing capacity development initiatives at the national and sub-national levels of government in at least one of the fields mentioned above;
- Experience at the provincial and municipal levels of government in South Africa or a country with a similar PFM context is an advantage.
Project start date:
November 2018 (tentatively)
Project end date:
February 2022 (40 months after project start date)