GOPA project database
Since its founding in 1965, GOPA has successfully implemented over 3,500 projects in more than 130 countries. At present, over 140 are being carried out. This database provides a selection of projects best illustrating GOPA’s fields of activity.
Central Asian Education Platform (CAEP)
Regional – Asia
Education and Employment Promotion
European Commission on behalf of the Governments of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & Uzbekistan
European Commission (EC)
Value of Services:
Start of project:
End of project:
The EU’s Central Asian Strategy focuses on a number of priorities for cooperation (security, stability, and rule of law, good governance, human rights, youth and education, environment and energy security, water management).
High-level political and thematic dialogues in three main areas are agreed upon. Three platforms are planned for preparing, organising and implementing these dialogues, as well as disseminating their results:
- Rule of Law Platform;
- Environment and Water Platform;
- Education Platform.
- The CAEP is set up to increase cooperation between European Union and Central Asia as well as to improve regional cooperation between Central Asian countries in order to reinforce their education sector reforms. It is also aimed at better coordination of donors’ actions in the education sector.
- The DG Development Cooperation of the European Commission manages the implementation of CAEP. It is organised in close partnership with the Central Asian countries in the form of a structured dialogue to ensure that selected topics and undertaken actions are in line with the national and regional priorities and interests. The bi- and multilateral regional and national education sector dialogue will be accompanied by an intensive communication initiative and by needs-driven studies.
- Regional cooperation and mobility opportunities in education sector reforms in:
- two national meetings per country (10 altogether with 60-70 participants each);
- two regional conferences on ministerial level (with 70-80 participants each);
- two regional thematic workshops sector reform issues (with 70-80 participants each) discussed, prioritised and their implementation initiated;
- European best practices shared through contributions of approximately 15 high-ranking EU guest speakers on the topics chosen for dialogue forums;
- Regional cooperation and national coordination of sector reform activities supported by a communication platform consisting of webpage, mapping database, periodical and event-based print media;
- Four to five studies supporting the regional and national education reform dialogue.
The main tasks of the Project are to develop and implement a CA education platform by carrying out the following:
- Initiating, preparing, implementing and wrapping-up a need-oriented national and regional dialogue in the education sector;
- Communicating and disseminating the results of the dialogue forums and other achievements of technical assistance in education;
- Preparing, feeding and wrapping-up the regional and national dialogue with supplementary research studies.