GOPA project database
Since its founding in 1965, GOPA has successfully implemented over 3,500 projects in more than 130 countries. At present, over 140 are being carried out. This database provides a selection of projects best illustrating GOPA’s fields of activity.
Development of an Electronic Library as Part of the VET Reform
Education and Employment Promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Technische Universität Dresden - Medienzentrum
Value of Services:
Start of project:
End of project:
The increasing need for well trained employees demands a flexible and fast growing Vocational Education System. At the same time, teaching materials are changing fast and need to be adapted and disseminated in a timely fashion, which means that quick editing is necessary. Nowadays in Uzbekistan, there are approximately 1,400 professional colleges and 140 academic lyceums, with more than 1.7 million students studying there. As an improvement to the system, the Uzbek Administration (Centre for Secondary Specialised Vocational Education CSSVE) wants to use an electronic library to support and improve teaching.
The aim of the library is to be continually up to date with content and didactics in Vocational Training. An electronic library is affordable, convenient and prompt, and does not need printing in advance. As Uzbekistan is bilingual, the library software will be multilingual, too. The library application will be future-oriented and extendible, thus open for student modules as well as E-reserve.
- Planning and developing a data model for an electronic library focused on VET
- Planning and developing an application for an electronic library focused on VET (including statistics)
- Planning the necessary hardware including a backup system
- Preparing technical and user manuals for software and hardware (multilingual)
- Compiling delineation papers for digitalisation workplaces, hardware and software
- Drawing up a description of the working process “digitalisation”
- Preparing training materials for digitalisation
- Planning a student module and E-reserve