News and Insights
North America: Creating the Next Generation of Transatlanticists
GOPA has recently started a 3-year, European Union (EU)-funded project, to build affinity for the EU and the transatlantic relationship among diverse younger generations of Americans and Canadians.
The project will implement a pipeline of educational engagement opportunities for high school and university students, as follows:
- Euro Challenge Competition for U.S. and Canadian high school students on EU monetary/financial policy
- Schuman Challenge Competition for U.S. undergraduate students on EU foreign policy
- EU-U.S. Young Leaders Seminar for U.S. Fulbright students, Erasmus+ and Marie Curie alumni
- Model EU Simulations in the U.S.
- U.S. Gilman Scholars Study Visit to EU
- Annual meeting of EU Education Network in the U.S.
- Education outreach by engaging with the National Council for Social Studies (NCSS) network
- Implementation of a Communication Strategy for all activities in the U.S. and Canada